Grand Western Tours prides itself on the best educational travel experience for 14 to 16 year-old students. Each trip is carefully planned to give your child a complete and delightful tour of outstanding points of historical and picturesque interest in the United States. Every effort is made to make each tour a memorable one for the students.
Where will a Grand Western Tour adventure take your students? Here are some ideas your students may experience:
- Experiencing the famous Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby horse race.
- Soaring 630 feet in a capsule to the top of the Archway in St. Louis.
- Enjoying the spectacular views as we cruise the mighty Mississippi River.
- Tossing a snowball in June — 14,110 feet off of Pike’s Peak.
- Don’t mind the soot as you ride America’s last narrow gauge railroad through the spectacular San Juan Mountains of Colorado.
- Hiking the original trail of the Anasazi at Mesa Verde. Can you find a clue to the mystery of their disappearance?
- Shooting the Buffalo Rapids on the Flathead River in Montana.
- Go horseback riding at 320 Guest Ranch.
- Enjoying breakfast in the Space Needle overlooking beautiful Elliott Bay and the city of Seattle.
- Does the Golden Gate Bridge really sway in the wind?
- Getting locked up in solitary confinement in Alcatraz.
- Can you identify the 4,000 species at the San Diego Zoo?
- Touring the USS Midway — the aircraft carrier in service the longest in history.
- Walking the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Don’t miss the Alamo!
Our staff of professionals takes care of all travel accommodations — lodging, food, etc. — and helps students appreciate community living while traveling across the country. With each trip our staff carefully selects lodging facilities that include the rustic beauty of our national parks, the simplicity and relaxation of ranch life, and the comfort and luxury of some of the best hotels and motels. Students are pre-registered at all lodging facilities.
When it comes to cuisine, delicious meals, representative of various cultures and backgrounds, are served in selected restaurants throughout the country. All meals that are specifically mentioned are included in the price of the tour.
Students are allowed free shopping time in various cities when time and schedules permit — i.e. San Francisco. We know it’s important to have mementos and keepsakes for a once in a lifetime adventure with soon-to-be lifelong friends.
For the past 52 years Grand Western Tours has enjoyed providing high school students a unique experience in travel, education and community living. We hope you will join us in 2017 as our next trip kicks off in June from our home base in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.